Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Lickety Split by Damon Suede

4 Stars

Hot and poignant.

Is the past what we remember? Man, this was some angsty, mental churning, and emotion flailing as Patch heads home to deal with the business of death. Alright, so the whole funeral and going home is a time bomb we all freaking deal with, some younger than others. Regardless, it's a minefield of the present, past, and what never was, and what everyone thinks, and tasks, decisions. and the detritus of lifetimes. 

And four years ain't even that long. A drip. A blink. Still you're different, and so is everyone you left behind. Patch gets pulled in and has to reconcile his memories, his insecurities, and the reality which is like a carnival of different rides. The merry-go-ride of doing the same thing and getting nowhere. The funhouse mirrors of distorted perceptions, in which you find that you might have perceived things through a slightly different filter than others. The delicious and will kill you foods that you can't resist. But the piece de resistance if the crazy loop-to-loop of desire and the nausea it induces. 

Patch and Tuck have some history. Let's just say that it gets worked over quite extensively--ahem, repeatedly. This is some earthy, get down and dirty bodily appreciation with a sweet side of rope and daddy kink. And boy does this ring my daddy kink bell near perfect. Honestly, there's only one hiccup I hit and that was Patch's replay of some mental blocks, which yes, realistically is a multistage process, but slowed things down, but once the coy circling stopped even with the sidesteps this pushed through fast.

I think this appealed to me because it dealt with the theme of going home, a small town and while I didn't grow up stateside I had a cow pasture behind my house as a kid and ran barefoot through the fields and everything in it for years, climbing trees to eat fresh fruit, and escape cattle. And my barbwire scar is my favorite, used to rub it while I fell asleep to remind me of myself. So, yeah, this resonated with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment