Wednesday, May 10, 2017

Breaking Up Is Hard to Do... But You Could've Done it Better by Hilary Campbell


3 Stars

Cute and funny.

So, I've been in a relentless spiral of depressing books, and I thought this would cheer me up--make of that what you will. But, since I haven't had a breakup recently (decades) this was amusing. All the "OUCH!" and facepalms were humorous. The artwork is definitely rough sketch quality and the stories ranged from kindergarten to adulthood. Some were egregiously bad and others were just funny, though each one left me with the "You dodged a bullet feeling". There are several confessors included, so we can all relive our less than stellar end moments and do a reflective critique. 

This isn't amazing, it's amusing. Not sure about the price point, but someone who's passed that first stage of breakup where a nice thick scab has formed over it is probably ready for this. 

No comments:

Post a Comment