Tuesday, October 17, 2017

V FOR VENDETTA by Alan Moore

4 Stars

In times of darkness and great need, we look for a hero.



Book 1:
The backstory and a particularly intriguing story of freedom versus justice emerges in this postnuclear apocalyptic story. Tick-tock, times up for some very bad people. I also recall why my farmboy friends are not stupid. I had a machete and gasoline, and they... well, I'd have been a bigger fan of chemistry, too. The things you learn playing in the shed.

 Book 2:
The saga continues, but this time we see Evey and her trajectory. There is an intersection with V and the past and how they have led to now. This is the mindfuck stage and entertaining when you see where it leads.



Book 3:
The future is here. The baton is passed. Do you take it? I actually found this more cogent than the movie version. While the cinema was beautifully shot, this showed the transitions better, albeit in a longer fashion rather than a few cuts. The power and depth of V as a entity and the use of letter is sketched out better. I liked the movie, but this was superior.



No comments:

Post a Comment