Wednesday, November 15, 2017

LOST BOY by Christina Henry

3.5 Stars


"Peter's idea of fun was considerably more savage than his."

This was a quick read. The first portion of the story reminded me a great deal of LORD OF THE FLIES, albeit more gory and less allegory. The innocence of PETER PAN is twisted into something very dark, here. I don't want to ruin the fun of it, so I'm not going to expand further on the storyline other than to say it does an very interesting job exploring some previously untold backstory.

"They weren't forever young, unless dying when you were young kept you that way for always."

I enjoyed this, but it is not sophisticated; it's an engaging retelling, a twist of the kaleidoscope. I don't think I'll ever reread it, but it was a fun ride. If you like what WICKED did for THE WIZARD OF OZ than you'll like this.


No comments:

Post a Comment