Sunday, November 19, 2017

EXIT WEST by Mohsin Hamid

3.5 Stars


Mutability and evanescence.

[F]or when we migrate, we murder from our lives those we leave behind.

I thought that it would be a hardcore focus on emigration, and it did revolve around it, but it wasn't the primary objective. The relationship of Saeed and Nadia, their deconstructing world, transverse, and reconstruction and how all these movements affect them and the way they interact is paramount. And I was a little surprised, probably because I didn't read any reviews prior to diving in.

The discussions invoked here are good. The questions and thoughts fomented are interesting without being a sledgehammer to the head. I'm not sure how much I liked this, but I did. I ended up thinking about what does one hold on to, and what does one let go?


No comments:

Post a Comment