Saturday, July 22, 2017

The Name of the Game is Kidnapping by Keigo Higashino

3.5 Stars


This was fun. 

Hot shot ad man, Sakuma has a change of luck. This starts a whole new game he decides to play. Revenge is the game, and Sakuma is a dedicated player. There is a lovely analysis of masks and I suppose if I were a better reviewer I'd go through various Noh plays and pick out the times that Sakuma or other characters displayed classic postures of Noh masks. Maybe I'll do it, later. 



Even though I saw substantial portions of this long before they happened, there was a twist I didn't add in and it was definitely entertaining. In end, I read it one day and enjoyed myself. I raced through the last fifty pages and the very last one was worth it. So, yeah, I really liked it and I'll be checking out another of Higashino's book.


No comments:

Post a Comment