Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pinned

by Maris Black


CCC

3.5 stars

Collegiate love story that hits a couple gravel patches. 

Overall, very enjoyable though one or two OTT moments and a colossally bad decision detracted a bit from my reading pleasure. Jeremy is a guy who is finally escaping the prison of childhood, good riddance:
What I really meant was, Fuck you, you drunk bastard. I’m outta here, and you can rot in hell for all I care.

He's got a plan and he's charging full steam ahead with a passion when a bright, shiny thing distracts him--Beck. Beck is a walking fantasy to Jeremy. Reality check. Jeremy's got to decide what he really wants because he's not getting exactly what he wants.
There’s a little voice in my head telling me I’m pouting like a spoiled child and making an ass of myself, but I don’t listen to that voice very often. It’s way too soft compared to the other voices I’ve got in there.

Drama. Two steps forward, one back. Another back. Step to the side. Anyway, there's the expected friends inserting opinions and "advice" aka meddling. Though I really have a soft spot for Truck and Dan. And surprise! There are females in this book that aren't heinous.

O.O

Truly. 

Favorite passage:
“So you’re saying he might not respect me if I sleep with you?”

Dan laughs. “No, I’m saying I think he’d fucking kill me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment