Friday, December 1, 2017

THE MISTLETOE MURDER by PD James

4 Stars


Cozy mystery meets satire.

I selected this book for THE MISTLETOE MURDER short story for my Yule season reading.  I may or may not read the other selections at a later date. Shocking to have to admit, but this is my first PD James story. I know, I know. What have I bee doing with my life. Nonetheless, I am happy to have begun the author journey with this little gem.

An English country manor Christmas setting shines with it's ragged World War II charm as the first person narrator takes us through the incident. It all seems so very civil, until it's not. Nothing sordid or graphic per se, but the means of violence definitely made me smile as did the zinger at the end of the tale. Like a friendly slap to the face. Nicely done.

Fabulous start, and nice addition to my Yule list.


No comments:

Post a Comment