Thursday, September 14, 2017

FERAL DUST BUNNIES by Angel Martinez

3 Stars


Love this series because it's fun and quirky and just a twist of ridiculous that makes reading it fun. Feral dust bunnies, I am right? Somehow the concept seemed fun, but it didn't work for me. I don't know if it's because I'm really off romance right now in my reading, I enjoyed the paranormal police plot, but the ending seemed to fall fast and without satisfying resolution.

Alex Wolf is adorkable. Truly, sweet and socially awkward as a wolf-human, not werewolf, he's spent a lot of time trying to understand people. It's frustrating and he feels like he makes wrong steps, but he's got a great partner, Krisk, and his mother. On the job, after many interactions, he finally connects with animal control officer, Jason Shen. It's sweet and awkward--honestly, I feel like it may be me, but I didn't connect with them as a couple very well. I'm sure that I'm not a cat person didn't help, either.

Anyway, the story was more interesting than the romance for me and I felt a little shorted in that department since so much time had to be devoted to explaining Wolf's view of the world and how it differed than most individuals, including paranormals. Looking forward to the next one in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment