Saturday, September 2, 2017

DARKLY DREAMING DEXTER by Jeff Lindsay

4 Stars


Anybody can be charming if they don't mind faking it, saying all the stupid, obvious, nauseating things that a conscience keeps most people from saying. Happily, I don't have a conscience. I say them.

And this is both charming and terrifying to read. Delightfully so. Just the right amount of shivers tingling up your spine. Mimicry is such a useful tool and Dexter is quite adept at it. Frankly, I find him refreshing and certainly less boring than most. The puzzles and tidiness, I do like them very much.

I don't watch TV often, so I haven't seen the show, though I've heard of it. Regardless, I can tell you that this series is on my list. If I don't finish it this year, then I expect to next.

There's really nothing scary about Dexter. I'd say I'd be friends with him, but he's incapable. So alas, the fishbowl observation will have to do.

No, I do my job to make order out of chaos.


No comments:

Post a Comment