Sunday, October 16, 2016

CHANNELING MORPHEUS FOR SCARY MARY by Jordan Castillo Price

3.5 Stars


So, this probably would be better read individually with a bit of time between each section because the story is character oriented with the emphasis on sex as the meeting point between Michael and Wild Bill. It's great, hot, dirty sex, but it's a lot to take in. 
I did my best to play it cool, but the gut-churning jealousy I’d been feeling turned to lust at the idea of my not-boyfriend killing someone just for touching me.

Part 1: Payback
HOT. Gritty hookup ending with a new trail. 

Part 2: Vertigo
Words unsaid, they were said. Another steamy segment of Michael and Wild Bill.
P.S. Sauce for the gander is sauce for the gander. 

Part 3: Manikin
New town, new vampire to kill. This one rated pretty darn creepy. Nothing until this point really gave me the heebie jeebies, but yeah, this pegged the meter--classic horror. NICE. And Wild Bill and Michael are sexy as always. 

Part 4: Tainted
Round and round we go--SURPRISE! This one has an interesting development or two in Bill and Michael's relationship, a sweetness that had been missing.

Part 5: Rebirth
This ends this part of the series in a good place with a sense of acceptance. Sometimes you try for things and they don't work out, but sometimes they do and that's why it's worth it. 

I liked the characters and interested in reading where they go from here, but I need a break from the nookie. 

Favorite passage: 
I flicked the tip of the match with my thumbnail, watched a couple of sparks drop toward the ground and fizzle out before they hit, and took a breath tinged with sulfur. There was a pause where maybe the flame would catch, maybe not, as if Fate needed a second to think about whether she’d give permission for a single lick of flame to come to life. And then the match head flared, bluish white, then bright yellow, and then flame.

Overall, UF vampire sex oriented stories.

No comments:

Post a Comment