Tuesday, September 20, 2016

HUNTED by Claire Thompson

1 Star


Yeah... what do I say. This book is rapey, non-con, fantasy abduction. The content wasn't the problem for me, I have a diverse reading habit, it was the idiotic characterization of the female in the story which besides being TSTL just never managed to engender any empathy since she seemed incapable of thinking on her feet. Add in the unrealistic ending, she managed to come out of it being lauded as brave and sexy with an HEA, and I'm numb.

The D/s and S&M elements were presented in the most uninvolved way that relayed little eroticism for a reader looking for a taboo read. Plus, it had the crudest brain-washing techniques which anyone halfway put together would not have been influenced by. 

(\_/)
(O.o) - Another challenge read fail. I think I need to stop doing challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment