Thursday, August 23, 2018

Scorpio Hates Virgo by Anyta Sunday

2 Stars


Wow, underwhelmed.

Could be me, could be the book--probably more me, but this was blahhh... First, there is no hate. Percy and Cal have this faux rivalry thing going on, for years and way past its expiration date. Second, both guy's communication abilities suck--and not the good kind. If they were ten years younger, I'd be more understanding. Third, they are too old and have too many maturation events in their histories to be this immature (grad school, divorce, family deaths, etc.) It makes them seem like idiots not cute.

I know I'm the big bad ogre for saying I didn't like it because not liking these characters, who are so gosh darn adorable and lovable, is akin to saying, 'please drown these unwanted kittens'.

(\_/)
(O.o)

Sidenote: There were some super weird word choices made, too. One does not schlepp into a shower. There were others and while they weren't constant; they popped up often enough that it was eyebrow exercises.




No comments:

Post a Comment