Tuesday, August 30, 2016

WITCHES OF LONDON - LARS by Aleksandr Voinov

3 Stars




This story is more pagan exploration than romance. That said, there were some lovely erotic scenes. I have a familiarity with most of the concepts discussed, albeit at a lower level. Trust me, you've been around long enough and you've heard a variant of this at least once, usually satanists. 
He’s the type that tells a pair of Jehovah’s Witnesses he can’t talk right now, he has a virgin sacrifice on the altar.”

I wouldn't categorize it as proselytizing, but the focus of the story is Lars as a practitioner and how his life fits into it. The dream walking/astral traveling sequences were great, and the details are vivid. 

I was expecting more romance and action--this is a very self-restrained plot. Additionally, I was caught off guard by the emotionally darker tone; it wasn't alluded to in the blurb and I had hoped for something lighter. Prior to reading the book I had shelved this as paranormal, it isn't. This is witchcraft as faith, not Harry Potter.

No comments:

Post a Comment